Holidays at High Peak will be fun this year with some ways to help you get into the mood of the season and to worship the Savior, the reason for the season. We’ve made a calendar that you can download and print. It’s a PDF file so make sure you can open and print that kind of file.
2018 High Peak Christmas Calendar
Here’s the list of major events for the coming holidays starting with Thanksgiving week.
- Thanksgiving Worship Service – Tuesday, November 20 – 7:00 p.m.
- Christmas Cookies with Santa – Saturday, November 24 – 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Christmas Parade – Saturday, December 1, 8:30 a.m.
- Christmas Social with Santa – Sunday, December 2 – 5:00 p.m.
- Senior Adult Christmas Fellowship – Tuesday, December 11 – 11:00 a.m.
- Christmas Sing Along Fellowship – Sunday, December 16 – 5:00 p.m.
- Christmas Program – Sunday, December 23 – 11:00 a.m.
- Candlelight Communion Service – Sunday, December 23 – 5:00 p.m.
- Movie Night “Case for Christ” – Sunday, December 30 – 5:00 p.m.
Remember that all Sunday Nights in December begin at 5:00 p.m. since four of the five weeks include special events.
Wednesday Night Christmas Bible Studies
Every year on Wednesday nights our pastor and his wife do a special thing to show their appreciation. During that time we also have a special light-hearted Bible study, often centered around a Christmas movie of some kind.
This year the study will center around a lesser known Christmas movie called The Ultimate Gift. It stars James Garner as a grandfather who leaves his grandson a strange inheritance intended to teach him appreciation for the more important things of life. The cast also includes a young actor named Abigail Breslin, whom you might remember from Little Miss Sunshine or Kitt Kitteridge. Here’s the movie trailer.
We’ll watch it in four parts and enjoy a Bible study covering the issues dealt with in that weeks’ clip. We’ll also enjoy some light refreshments each week, except the last Wednesday which comes the night after Christmas.