Our church will take part in My Hope with Billy Graham. We want to use this initiative to reach people we know and love for Jesus. Here’s how My Hope works.
- Training – On Sunday nights we will train all of our members who will to come to share their testimony. Use the following outline to write out a three-minute testimony including what life was like before meeting Jesus, how you met Jesus and then what was life like since meeting Jesus. This takes place on three consecutive Sundays. We began on October 13 at 6:00 p.m..
- Praying – We will pray for our friends and family that need Jesus. That will take place during Sunday night prayer times beginning Sunday, October 27 at 6:00 p.m.. We also hope to pray at other times including a call to pray by our church in their homes and daily when they pray.
- Inviting – Invite friends and family to one of our viewing times. We know we will host at least two viewing sessions. One at a member’s house and one in our youth room for youth and young adults. These will take place during the first week of November. We hope to have more. Members who want to host a viewing party should let our Pastor or Outreach Team Leader know immediately so we can order and get materials and the DVD to you.
- Harvesting – Following the week of emphasis we will hold a harvest worship service on Sunday morning, November we will hold a harvest worship service in which we will present the Gospel message and invite people who prayed to receive Jesus during the viewing parties to come join with Jesus in baptism.
- Baptizing – As Christ commanded in the Great Commission, we will baptize the new believers on December 1 during our second baptism celebration that evening.
Here’s the My Hope video we watched at church on Sunday morning.
For people who want to see the training videos we’re using on Sunday night, check out the online training page at the My Hope site.