New Church Year Starts in September
The new church year starts in September. That means a few things.
- Move up to your new class. The young people who graduated into grade school, from grade school into middle school and from high school to college will move up to the next age graded classes. That is true for Sunday school which we hold on Sunday mornings at 9:45 a.m., Discipleship time at 5:00 p.m. on Sundays and during midweek Bible study on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m..
- New volunteers take on their new rolls. If you volunteered to help lead a ministry for the 2019-2020 church year, then you will assume the new duties beginning at the beginning September 2019. Please contact us if you need help in understanding your new duties.
- New Deacons join the team. Our three new deacons will join the deacon ministry team. They are Herman Fulbright and Rom Roberts. Also Philip Tallent, a brand new deacon will join the team. We’ll ordain Philip at a Sunday night ordination service on August 18, 2019 at 6:00 p.m..
Commitments for a New Church Year
This new church year is a time of new beginnings. Let me challenge you to do a few things…
- Join a Sunday school class.
- Start attending Sunday night and Wednesday night Bible study classes.
- Volunteer to help out even if you’re not officially committed to a ministry position.
- Renew your commitment to help build High Peak by inviting your friends and family to church in the new year making it your goal to find your ONE!
Find Your One
That last commitment above might be the most important one. Finding your one means looking for a person you know who’s not attending church already. Invite them to come join us for worship.
Updated Nominating Committee Report
We’ve updated the Nominating Committee report. You can download a new one by right-clicking and saving this link. If you see any errors please email the pastor to have it corrected. It’s a Adobe PDF document. We will vote on this report Sunday, August 18 during our morning worship time.