Beginning November 10, our midweek services will begin at 6:30 p.m. instead of 7:00. This coincides with the annual end of Daylight Savings Time change but will be permanent going forward.
Why the Time Change?
So why are we making this time change from 7:00 p.m. to 6:30? Our children’s group teachers and parents of smaller children struggled to get to church and then go home and prepare for bed. As the time change that takes place every November means it gets darker earlier, we know it would feel like our midweek services ended much later than they really do.
Our leaders talked and decided to change the time for our midweek service to 6:30 p.m. from 7:00. This time change will extend past Daylight Savings Time in March 2022, meaning it will permanently move to 6:30 even after the time change occurs next Spring.
What Classes Do We Hold?
We have classes for every age group on Wednesday nights that all will start at 6:30 p.m. after this time change. Here’s our list of classes and teachers:
- Adult Prayer and Study Led by Pastor Kevin Purcell – this adult time focuses on praying for our church and finding inspiration from God’s word as we pray together for one another, our church, community and world.
- Youth Led by Britt Abernathy, Cara Brown, Holly Tallent, Jerry and Kay Conley – youth grades 7-12 will study the Bible together and focus on discipleship.
- Older Children Led by Diane, Rocky and Angel Whisnant and Kathy Harmon – children in elementary school grades 4-6 will study God’s word and focus on discipleship.
- Younger Children Led by Kathy Harmon, Heidi Lambert, Marie Pendley, and Kerry Poteat – children in elementary school grades 1-3 will study God’s word and focus on discipleship.
- Kindergarten Children Led by Keith and Elizabeth Robinson – children in Kindergarten will study God’s word and focus on discipleship.
- Footsteps Led by Donna and Eddie Banner and Cierra Stamey – children in preschool will study God’s word and focus on discipleship.
- Nursery as needed.